Learning PC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onymaru42

Baseband Member
I am new to PC Maintenance, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some good sites to learn from. Maybe some tutorials and such. If you have anything that would help me please tell me. ^^ thank you!

Well, I want to learn stuff about motherboards and I don't think that will help any. I also want to learn the different parts/sockets/ etc.

Well, I want to learn stuff about motherboards and I don't think that will help any. I also want to learn the different parts/sockets/ etc.

Look at people asking for help building new computers, you'll learn about that easily then :)

Look at people asking for help building new computers, you'll learn about that easily then :)

Agreed. That's how I learned. Same thing as aaronkupen said as well, browse around and see what other people were having for problems and see how they were solved etc.

browsing other peoples problems was a great way for me to learn over a year ago.

another way to learn is simply "window shopping" over @ newegg or another site with mass selection.

read over all the specs and compare them for yourself, eventually you will understand it.

google reviews for new products by pros as they compair these with current generation products.

after all this, you can put it all together and you will have a good understanding of what your looking at, and what to buy based on your budget.

There are tons of tutorials on this website on the sticky threads. Read up on those.

Then go out and purchase an A+ book written by Mike Meyers. Read that.

Like everyone has been saying, read threads, take a look at the stickies (as they are packed full of info). Maybe read a few articles on things, pick up a few magazines, read reviews. An a+ book like lex said would be a great idea to learn...as it would cover general hardware and OS stuff.

The A+ book is the best way and also forums/pro profs. These helped me allot and gained allot of experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom