Leadtek 6800GT fried? - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2005, 09:17 AM   #21 (permalink)
Super Techie

Leadtek still the best manufacturer imo. You know in Britain you can't get an eVGA card anywhere, but from the, literally tens and tens of web review pages ive seen, Leadtek still is above eVGA.

Old 07-21-2005, 09:42 AM   #22 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Ya Leadtek is up there right next to eVGA, yours must have been damaged during shipping or some kind of static.

so, umm, err yeah
Old 07-21-2005, 10:52 AM   #23 (permalink)
Seg Fault'n

i plan to use a leadtek 6800GT next time i build
please tell me more about an anti-static wristband- how does it work.I thought that static could be +ve or -ve

There are in order of increasing severity: lies, darn lies, statistics, and computer benchmarks. - diskinfo man page
"Get your money and let's go to court!" - Craig Mudie, MS
Old 07-21-2005, 12:59 PM   #24 (permalink)
Build Guru

Hmm well my friend wil get his 6800GT in 5 days from newegg so we will see if it does this again. In the meantime i get his 5700 until i can afford to buy a new video card
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire Mechwarrior Online = Thunderson PSN = PP_Mguire

Need Descent and Mechwarrior buddies!
If I helped you, give a thanks! ↓
Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:22 PM   #25 (permalink)
Master Techie

And I love my xFx 6800gt after I finally got one RMA'd that wasn't DOA!!!!
Noli Nothis Permittere Te Terere!!
EVGA 680i, Dual EVGA 8800GT'S (650/950), 4 gigs OCZ DDR2 1066, Intel Q9450 at 3.8 Ghz, Koolance Water Cooled, Dual Plextor16x DL DVD+/-RW. Dual WD 250gb 16mb Cache Sata 3.0. 3DMark06 score = 19,168.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
Super Techie

Anti-static wristbands are simple, strap it on so the metal part touches your wrist, and put the other end on something metallic like tie it to your PSU (don't worry it's safe to do so, but if you're paranoid you could always tie to to a metallic doorknob, make sure it wasn't painted thuroughly as I'm not sure how conductive the paint would be if it even was). Also, if you're a cheap bugger like me, and you have lots of copper wire? you can make a home made anti-static wrist strap by tying some around your wrist (not too tight your your skin will get marks) and tie the other end to psu or someother conductive metal. Handy stuff that copper wire eh? lol.

Now remember, the copper wire will be a little more bulky and uncomfortable, so if it's too much just buy an AS wrist strap, and leave me tied to mine.

And yes, as much as we would all like it to be so, electornics aren't fail-proof. Odds are you got the 1 in maybe 1,000-10,000 (just ballparking numbers hea) of leadtek vidcards that died.
Later-A-Much, and LONG LIVE THE D!
æ ThE_MarÐ
Old 07-21-2005, 04:55 PM   #27 (permalink)
Super Techie

when my uncle was assembling this pc, he used nothing really. Just in with the parts.. he works building comps ect in real life.

Closed Thread