Leadtek 6600gt = eVGA 6600gt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace No-Money

In Runtime
I am making a decision between the leadtek 6600gt or the evga 6600gt.

Im not much of an overclocker but I want to know if one is more dependable than the other.

I noticed that the leadtek has a nicer HSF on it.

I've heard that the leadtek does infact have a better stock HSF allowing for higher core overclocks. After about a week burn in time I have been able to get my eVGA from 500/900 to 564/1100 as it's top OC thus far. The core at those speeds will get up to 85C rather easily, unless I have my window open and let cool air in or something.....soooo honestly it's a toss up. Can't say I've heard anyone having any problems with leadteks, but I went eVGA because I know a lot of people, (not just forum folks, friends of mine also) that have never had a problem with an eVGA card, and I figure here within 3 weeks or so I will be going water cooling, so that stock HSF wont' matter :D

i have the leadtek and it;s really cool idle and under load (i haven't tried OCing yet)

however, i've also heard a lot of great things about eVGA; it all depends on you (i just checked newegg and the evga pci-e is pretty cheap right now ($17x) compared to my $205 leadtek)

oh and don't mind the lack of software with the evga, because the leadtek package isn't that good either

DJ-Chris - why make that comment? For the record XFX 6600gt actually do work for people, just not anyone on this board (I wonder why????) My XFX 6600gt is an amazing card and works fantastic with no problems....When i build my new system i'll be picking up another one for some duel action :) And i won't think twice about it, unless I can get a good price on a 6800. Anyways I once again thought it is my place (since i'm the only one on this board that has a working XFX 6600gt....again it makes me wonder:) ) to stand up and say something because EVERYONE else on this board constantly $hits on it. Just giving my 2 cents worth :)

madwad, don't take it so personal. It's not just this board dude, I've seen many reports of XFX sending out bad cards. Ok, you got one that works fine, that's great and all, but you can't ignore the fact that you hear more people having problems with that particular brand over another. That's what seperates quality manufacturers from the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom