LCDs and eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

aha okay

Beta member
Hi, my old display just got old and i'm thinking of getting lcd definitely. I just wanted to ask u guys, u who own or know about it - how easy they actually are on eyes? thats most important for me as i'm programmer and designer and read lots from comp. also, did anyone played quake3 on those ? shadows ? is it okay ?
so basicaly i'd like to know that thing about eyes (are some lcds better for eyes than others - this was some issue with CRTs - but i'm not sure how it is now with lcds?), if it really helps as mine sometimes get really tired and i hate that.

thanks a lot for ur replies and experiences

-aha okay

ps. if u recommend any particular 17'' LCDs that'll be great

I do not like LCD screens for several reasons:

Has limited hours of usage, witch is a major hic-up,

Certain screens can start flickering after several hours of usage,

Plus, Gaming is a real problem

But of corse there r some plus, it is up to u to make up your mind

Look out for a screen with a max res of 1280x1024 / 75Hz, thats about what you need

My friend has a Veiw Sonic 19" LCD and he says for regular computer use, ie. surfing, word processing, they are OK. But for gaming, he see's a lot of shadowing on several games.

I also agree with Marshall, limited hours and flickering... I would have to stick with a CRT if you have the space.

I just switched to an LCD and I like it allot better and feel that it is easier on my eyes(myabe just becasue my last monitor sucked and this one is bigger) there are a few drawbacks but I do not play games I use mine for general computer use and enginering programs(autodesk inventor, autocad...etc) havent had a problem with flickering at all or limited hours so if you decide to get one jsut stick to a good brand like samsung and you will have less problems.

ok from my experience all these anti-LCD posts are wrong. I own a nice SAMSUNG 193V 19" LCD and i get the following

NO SHADOWWING IN GAMES KUZ ITS ====25ns responce
700:1 Contrast ratio, its pretty bright
I HAVE NO SCREEN FLICKER EVEN AT 56Hz, kuz lcds dont refresh.
I have absoultly no problems with it, GAMES IS NO PROBLEM, EVEN NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND HAS NO TRAILLING/SHADOWING.

It is extremely easy on the eyes, u can look at it for hours on end with no problems. lcds are the best.
AS FOR LIMITED LIFE SPAN i have never heard of this and will not comment.

BUT BUYER BEWARE, get a good quality one, dont get a cheap one, cheap ones will shadow in games and will be less brighter.

MY SAMSUNG 193V cost me 799.99 +tax in COSTCO. CDN I paid total almost 1 grand. Im very happy kuz i wont have get eye damage, and i wont have to wear eyeglasses. haha lcds all the way.

cheap ones will have long responce time, generally everything lower than 30 or 25ns responce is good for games.

NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND
NEED FOR SPEED PORSCHE UNLEASHED
COUNTER STRIKE
GTA VICE CITY
GTA 3
QUAKE 3 ARENA
UNREAL TOURNAMENT AND NO SHADOWING ON EITHER ONE,

its so nice on a 19" LCD its 3.1 inches bigger than my 17" which only had 15.9" viewable

All LCD screens have a limited number of hours in there lifespan, some are as few as 1500 hours of use, then you need to change it.

The flickering only happens on certain screens and only happens after quite afew hours of use,

Lastelly, when i go repairing pc's with 15" screens, they really hurt my eyes even thought i allways use CRT screens, it is just the size that makes your eyes tired, so there's prove, size really does matter!

I have Philips Brillance 150p and it's greate
Eyes are healthy
I would recommend lcd screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom