LCD Ribbon Cable - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 03:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 25
Default LCD Ribbon Cable

New here but didn't see any tech forum for LCD screens. So If in the wrong place, Please do move. Thank you.

LCD tech is very very new to me. But I'm doing a Personal Project that involves Small LCD screens. Like 3 inches small.

I found some LCD screens but before I buy I need to know What to plug into the ribbon cables to give the LCD screen power and Video. I have two screens I'm thinking about using. Here are the direct links to the photos. I have tried some independent research into what these cables are and I come up empty handed every time. I have a quote into some Ribbon cable manufacturers but it might be a few days getting a reply considering its a weekend. If no answer by then from the community I will post an answer myself if I find one. Polaroid I835 Dig cam screen canon sd630 camera screen.

As you can see they seem to be different Ribbon cable hookups.

Anyone able to help me out?

(P.S. If your curious I'm Trying to use these screens combined with a small wireless camera for use in an Augmented reality project. )

LastKnownUser is offline  
Old 04-26-2009, 09:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 370
Default Re: LCD Ribbon Cable

They connect to laptop motherboards. If you're trying to build something else with them, you'll need to do some rewiring. They won't directly connect as is to anything else.

DoubleHelix is offline  
Old 04-27-2009, 01:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 25
Default Re: LCD Ribbon Cable

Okay, This is what I got so far while researching. (I swear I was pulling out my hair this morning trying to even get this.. >.< )

I Found just the right size LCD screen with the Module attached that accepts analog input through "Composite, 1v p-p, 75 Ohm" Input connector. But BUT!!, I Cannot find a "Composite, 1V p-p, 75 OHM" Cable. If I understand right composite=RCA. The only thing is, I Can't find the cable with one end RCA and the other the little 2pin connection head. Or even the tools to make it myself.
If you could, Those of you hardware minded, take a look at the Picture below and make what you will of it and Tell me what you think type of cable connects in there. (unless you know where I can get a "Composite yada yada yada" cable so I can use it right away. )

The following link is the specs on the actual device, What power adapters it needs and what not.

Thanks in advance ( and man I was really going nuts, I was venturing to all the china LCD manufactures and Module makers. If you ever get into Micro tech, which it seems I am, IT because one big head ache if your not expecting it. There is literally "NO Do it yourself" tutorials on Mini LCD at all I could find. )
LastKnownUser is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help fast! Front USB port Ribbon Cable. spikoman69 New Systems | Building and Buying 5 02-21-2008 01:29 AM

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.