LCD Resolutions - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 02:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by the grim gopher
i heard that CRT monitors are better for gaming, is this true, or does it just depend on the quality of the LCD monitor?
Hmmm... Well since owning a (pretty decent imho) LCD I'd swear by them. But then again many still swear by CRT's...

It's a small thing to go by (considering they're generally more pricey) but face it- the LCD astheticly looks cooler and they do save space on your desk..

Old 08-30-2004, 02:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
ag3
Monster Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by the grim gopher
i heard that CRT monitors are better for gaming, is this true, or does it just depend on the quality of the LCD monitor?
CRTs are better for gaming as they do not promote ghosting, and are less pixel-visible.

Old 08-30-2004, 02:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Techie

I agree with agex, but with a high quality lcd there is very little ghosting
Old 08-30-2004, 03:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Monster Techie

even if u get the highest quality LCD, with high respons time, no ghosting... u still need to run the LCD at much higher resolution(meaning taking away proccessor power from Textures and FPS just to display a game clearly), just to make it look as good as a CRT at 800x600. and vivid colors and contrast ratio- have those been improved yet on expensive LCD's?
Old 08-30-2004, 06:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by jolancer
even if u get the highest quality LCD, with high respons time, no ghosting... u still need to run the LCD at much higher resolution(meaning taking away proccessor power from Textures and FPS just to display a game clearly), just to make it look as good as a CRT at 800x600. and vivid colors and contrast ratio- have those been improved yet on expensive LCD's?

Well, i played some games on my parents LCD and ghosting might bother some of you...but it doesnt bother me nor does it pose a big problem. The only thing i didnt like was on BFV the screen was really light (my parents isnt as good as the one they want to get me.) The whole point of me asking this is because i am going to get an LCD and i am a gamer (duh) and i wanted to see anyone who has an LCD if they liked gamin on them.

1GB DDR2 SDRAM
Windows XP/Mac OSX 10.5

No longer a Guru of games...
Closed Thread