LCD monitor - No signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

horsie

Beta member
Hi there!

I got a new system yesturday, a computer with a LCD monitor. When i turned the computer on the first time nothing happend to the screen. It didn't react to the computer. Then i pressed the power button on the screen and every thing worked. I got into windows and decided to change the resolution to the standard lcd size, i also did some other stuff such as testing sounds etc. Then it happend - the screen went black and it gave the message "No sinal, going to sleep" (or something similar)

I obviously tried to restart but it didn't work. The monitor tells me "No signal recived and does not react to the computer. The computer seems to work (I hear fans but i don't see anything on the screen.

I've tried with both the analog and the digital but none of them work. (Well actually the analog one kind of worked once but then went black) So it's random but in 19 of 20 restarts - no reaction at all.

I've also tried the lcd monitor on an old computer and it works so i guess it would make sense to say that the computer is the problem.

Any ideas? Has any one heard of these problems before. And what should i do?

The video card is a Radeon 9600 and the monitor a Fujitsu S17-1

With kind regards; Horsie :)

When you first turn on the computer, does the screen come on at all? Does it show the boot up process then goes blank when it goes into Windows? If not, this sounds silly, but first disconnect the reconnect both ends of the video cable, cpu side and monitor side. Check that the plug is fullyseated on both sides of the power brick for your monitor. If that doesn't work then do you get a lot of beeps (6) when you first turn on the computer? If you do then the video card probably died. (Do they still use beeps for post testing?)

Hi i've done some more testing.

New monitor + new computer = does not work
Old monitor + new computer = does not work
New monitor + old computer = does work
old monitor + old computer = does work

So it is obviously the computer...

Just out of interest, what components could it be? And could i have caused the problem? I doubt (and hope) not as it was kind of not working from the start.

Anyway, i gave the store a call and they are gonna pick it up hopfully this week and then fix it. :)

Im still curious why it was that way.

To answer your questions fully.

QWhen you first turn on the computer, does the screen come on at all?
No. None of the monitors recive any signal

Q but first disconnect the reconnect both ends of the video cable, cpu side and monitor side ... Check that the plug is fullyseated on both sides of the power brick for your monitor.
Yes, tried that, with both the analog and digital one. And it has power.

If that doesn't work then do you get a lot of beeps (6) when you first turn on the computer? If you do then the video card probably died. (Do they still use beeps for post testing?)
I can't remember but i belive i heard some noice, at some point. It wasn't very load or obvious though so im not sure. I'll check that just to make sure before they come and get it.

/Speedydonkey :)

Don't rightly know. It could be a lot of things. It could be as simple as the video card not being seated properly on the motherboard, a fried video card or a whole bunch of other things since we don't know whether the cpu is actually working or not besides the fans being on. After reseating the video card, if you had another video card and if it wasn't under warranty then that would probably be the next thing to check. But since it is under warranty I wouldn't open the box unless they told you to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom