lcd monitor inputs - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default lcd monitor inputs

My setup is this. Dvi inputs from my monitor to my ATI Radeon 4850 GPU, and a HDMI to DVI with a female VGA adapter to my monitor and Xbox 360. My monitor has one DVI and one VGA input thats it. My question is this. Why will my 360 not show with the VGA adapter yo the monitor. But work fine when I swap the DVI cables. Basically, to play 360 and use my computer on the monitor. I have to switch DVI cords everytime. What do you think?

Old 02-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie
Default Re: lcd monitor inputs

Suffer the loss of HD for pc to use the vga adapter on the video card leaving X-Box plugged into the DVI port. The signal coming out of the 360 is for television not pc display through any vga input.

The DVI simply is closer compatibility wise to allow input there. With tv and pc trending towards strictly digital HD it won't take long before that's no longer any problem which is plugged since it will still be the same type of input.
Closed Thread