is an lcd monitor good for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEC, eh? Well I gotta check them out. Heard a lot of good things about NEC. But most of my experience with NEC and LCDs are NEC touchscreen LCDs. I've also seen BENQ's name come up in a lot of LCD articles. Heard anything interesting about them?

-Michael

Benq is one of the other brands that had a 16ms LCD out at the time I purchased mine, but I couldn't really find any good information about their products and none of the stores I went to had any in stock. A friend of mine has a Benq scanner and it's great, so I'm sure their LCD monitors are OK too.

@kboy, wall and icons are from www.pleonastic.com

CRT Monitors are on the way to the flat-lands. Not Kiding. I read it in the barber shop. :)

Should be out by 2004, personally, I have had experience with HP computers (dad likes 'em) HP floods you with software BUT gives the cheapest hardware and monitors you ever didn't think possible. My dad's flat panel LCD has a nice blury line running down the middle and an extremly poor speaker system connected to the base.

Don't keep it.

LCDs are good monitors and all but HP sucks so bad I wonder if the world has lost it, they keep in bussiness somehow. But DO NOT KEEP THE HP MONITOR. ESPECIALY IF IT'S FLAT PANEL. I can't stress this enough.

BTW hello everybody! the names 9004!

My girlfriends LCD is a 17" Cornea with built in speakers that really SUCK!!! Nice Pic though:D

þÄ®âÐÖx said:
Benq is one of the other brands that had a 16ms LCD out at the time I purchased mine, but I couldn't really find any good information about their products and none of the stores I went to had any in stock. A friend of mine has a Benq scanner and it's great, so I'm sure their LCD monitors are OK too.

I just received a Benq LCD today, and I'm very satisfied with it. No ghosting, no dead pixels, and really nice image quality. I got the FP557s (15") refurbished from Benqshopper.com for $189 with free shipping.

kboy said:
My girlfriends LCD is a 17" Cornea with built in speakers that really SUCK!!!

Of course a little flat speaker don't impress ;-)
Btw there is 4 types of panels:
MVA,PVA,TN+ and S-IPS.
MVA and PVA is the most normal used panels today
TN+ is prepared for gamers.
Last with S-IPS technology provides crisper text,
sharper images, truer colors, and less color shift
S-IPS panels is avalible from 18".
Example could be ViewSonic VP181s

I'd forgotten that post...LOL. Actually since I installed XP on her PC the Monitor looks pretty damn good. I could never get it to look halfway decent on Win ME.:cool:

I also disabled the built in speakers & bought a 30.00 dollar set and it's tolerable now.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom