Latest kind of CPUs, Mobos, and RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patiszerg

Baseband Member
Hey all I'm still in the stone age with my 478 socket CPU motherboard here. I'm wondering what is the latest and greatest socket for motherboards, the latest associated CPUs and the latest RAM that goes with it all?

I'm up to speed on SATA HDs, PCIE video cards and what not.

The latest cpu's are the Intel Core i7's which are socket lga1366. They only use the x58 chipset which supports both sli and crossfire as well as triple channel DDR3 memory.

The Asus P6T, Biostar Tpower x58, and Evga x58 or a few of the best motherboards for i7's.

The latest cpu's are the Intel Core i7's which are socket lga1366. They only use the x58 chipset which supports both sli and crossfire as well as triple channel DDR3 memory.

The Asus P6T, Biostar Tpower x58, and Evga x58 or a few of the best motherboards for i7's.

triple channel memory?! sweet. I was going to ask if they still used still used dual channel but... awesome. coo thanks

EDIT* got another question... how does this dual, triple and quad core work for CPUs? is it all one unit that pluges into one slot but has multiple cpu chips in it?

It's one cpu with one socket like before. The cpu just happens to have multiple cores.

Basically you couldn't tell a single core or dual core from a quad core just by looking at it.

Unless you knew the numbers associated with them...

But PII chips are the LATEST cpu's, just not the best, as I7 beats them out.

PII from AMD supports dual channel DDR3, and a few other things, but thats about it, a lot better than the original Phenoms, and the newer Intel I7 processors, I don't keep up with intel.... Just to much for me...

yeah the i7 and PII's are the latest cpu's and DDR3 for ram, as for the graphics cards the Nvidia Gtx2xx series and ATI HD4800 series are the newest and best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom