latest drivers wreck movie picture - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2005, 11:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Content Team
Default latest drivers wreck movie picture

I just installed the latest Nvidia drivers. Movies are now all white and screwed up looking. I know that it is the drivers, because when i uninstall them, the picture is fine. When i reinstall them, they're messed up again. I've noticed others having this problem.

Old 08-06-2005, 11:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

Color overlay settings.

If you search, you find many tutorials on this, and if you look in the driver release notes, it explains this problem as well.

Old 08-06-2005, 12:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to iceshooter16

I had the same exact problem whenever I upgraded my evga 6800gt drivers. Its an easy fix though. Literally just a matter of changing one setting and it will all work again. In your taskbar you should have a nvidia settings icon. Right click on it > nvidia display > then click on whatever is in there (probably the model of your monitor). A new window will popup. Hopefully there will be basiacly 2 boxes that open up but if not there will be a arrow on the left side that will expand another box. In that box on the left click on color correction. Make sure "apply color changes to:" is set to all and then at the bottom change the color profile to advanced. Hit apply/ok and everything should be working good for you. I'm not sure if everything will be exactly the safe for you but if its not sorry. Hope that helps ya.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to timmer

hmm. i never heard of that but good to know what to do if it happens.
Intel p4 HT 3.0GHz
1 16x Toshiba dvd burner
2 sticks of corsair ddr2 533mhz 512mb
GeForce Fx 6600GT
Asus P5LD2
480W thermaltake
Closed Thread