Latency difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

koldapu

Fully Optimized
Is there much of a difference between 2-2-2-5 RAM and 2-3-2-6 RAM? i know what the timings stand for, but is there much of a performance boost? i'm trying to save as much money on my system where i can . . .

u can save money without even worying about the ram.

just subtract 1 WDraptor.

Raid 0 does nothing to boost performance in a user environment...
there is a articale that explains it all, even has benches on it... it was at www.anandtech.com ,search for the Raid article there, im too lazy to find it. lol

all the high speed files i have equal 50GB right now . . . in a while that will cross 74GB . . .

but i am not planning to get those for a while

i am first getting the hitachi one

well, take into account the OS (es - may do linux / xp dual boot), games, video editting, photoshop (takes forever to save!!)

ok, yea makes sence
-----------------------------------------------------
are u talking about latency for DDR1?

caus i notice in your sig u have Dual 6800GT PCI-E listed there. and i may be rong, but alot of the pci-E bourds use DDR2?

i know your prolly talking about ddr1, but if u plan on upgrading to DDR2. maybe worring about DDR1 latency isnt worth it.

well either . . .

i already decided that if i get DDR, im getting pc-3200, and if im getting ddr2, im getting pc-5400

a couple of future boards for amd will have pci-e support and ddr support (though some will have ddr2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom