Last minute issue resolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

wompaone

Solid State Member
Ok. I've got all the regular stuff for my computer (2 120 Gig SATAs, DVD R/W, CD R/W, ATX Case, Fans, Floppy) now I want to make one last compatablity check for the big stuff, here goes.

A8N-SLI Deluxe
2x 512Mb PC3200 RAM
Athlon 64 3500+
2 GeForce 6600 GTs
and Antec True550 ATX12V

I've have done much research and my decision is still in the air with the PSU. I've read I need the 24 pin ATX 2, while I've heard the EZ-Plug and an adapter solve this dilema. Please give me your opinions.

P.S. I ask this mainly because I did my research today and bought the PSU yesterday. Lost the receipt too like a dummy : (

Looks fine, kept im not sure if that is an Asus board or not (if so change it IMO).

Also simpoly make sure the GT's are PCI-X

I don't think so.

2 6600 gt's is a waste. You're spending an extra $200 for like 15 more fps. Get one 6800 gt or an x850 xt instead. Both those cards are about the same price as 2 6600 gt's but are way better in everything.

for your PSU, while 24 pins is preferred a 20 to 24 pin adapter will do, however your board will probably work without the adapter but that depends. In any case your power supply should do fine without being 24 pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom