Laptop Shuts Down & Restarts Continuously! Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

(V)UZAQ(V)AN

Baseband Member
Hi All!

I am new to this forum.
I am not quite sure if this fits into this forum but I am trying all my options here.

Here is my issue.......

I am running a Compaq Presario 2100 Laptop computer. When I start it up it looks like it is running fine but then this message pops up.

"We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.
If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly or was automatically shutdown to protect files and folders choose last known good configuration to revert to most recent settings that worked.
If a previous start up attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the power or reset button was pressed or if you aren't sure what caused the problem choose start windows normally".
Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Last Known Good Configuration

None of the above work. The laptop just keeps shutting down and starting up, shutting down, starting up.

I Do not know what to do! hElP!!!!!!!!!

(V)UZAQ(V)AN

Seems to be a hardware issue. I no nothing about laptops.

I would format.

Hope somebody else has suggestions.

Right choose safe mode first. If it loads in successfully, come back out restart, they choose load last configuration. If it reboots anyway whilst going into safe mode then try then load last configuration that worked.

The thing with laptops and computers is they either work or they dont.

If you fail to stop it rebooting, either in safe mode or otherwise then format the computer.

That should solve the problem,

hope this helps. ;-)

Well...as I quote your last statement "Why the fu*k did u bother to ask for advice then, i made the effort and try and solve ur porblem cause usauly its a currupt driver, and you go off against someone with obviously alot more knowledge then you".

I asked to see if there was a simpler solution and apparently your "Knowledgable Answer" IT DID NOT WORK FOR ME!

And as for you "Obviously" knowing more than me....I DONT THINK SO! I had never come across this problem before so maybe in that aspect you did know more than me.

As far as still being friends....you can pretty much forget that because...YOU PISSED ME OFF !!!

Later! And please do not reply to any more of my posts as they will all be reported for harrassment!

You both need to chill out at this point.

Horris1st...things like
Why the fu*k did u bother to ask for advice then, i made the effort and try and solve ur porblem cause usauly its a currupt driver, and you go off against someone with obviously alot more knowledge then you.

People like you really do piss me off!
Will NOT be tolerated....DO NOT do this again. That was just a ridiculous reply. He obviously tried all the options he could under the screen he told us about and at this point I think a format is his only option.

As for (V)UZAQ(V)AN.....If someone posts something like that, report it to a mod. The worst thing you can do is get sucked in and start flaming back. Generally these are some really good forums with a lot of knowledgable and kind people....although now your 'first impression' has been ruined of that feeling....Feel free to come back again anytime you need assistance, and if someone like that gives you crap then just Message a MOD or ignore it. Thanks ;)

- Nubius

EDIT: You report it to a mod BEFORE a mod has already come into the scene...

Also Horris1st....he said
Nope...not doing it. I am going to see if I can reformat.
Meaning his computer is not booting up and the offered suggestions weren't working....., he wasn't saying 'NOPE NOT GONNA TRY YOUR SUGGESTION! GONNA FORMAT! HAHAHAHA' so next time read the context of someones post before you get all bent out of shape and think he's completely ignoring you and then you just make yourself look foolish with that flame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom