Laptop Shuts Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTComputers

Baseband Member
Hi everyone,

I have a big problem with my laptop and I cant figure it out so i need as much help as possible.

My Laptop started to slow down a little so I decided to format my c drive and install xp pro on it. During the installatiion my laptop shut dwn by itself and would not install after that. I put the hard drive into my other laptop and used that to install windows xp on it without a problem. Then I put the hard drive back in the original laptop and it runs no problem. The only thing is that every hour or so it shuts down by itself again. When you touch the bottom of it, it is extremely hot.

Please let me know the reasons that this could be happening as well as how to fix it. Thanks Guys!

might your cpu fan is going, that might of caused your slow do to instability at high temps, as well will cause your laptop to shut down. can you check your bios reading for your cpu temp? tell if your fan is running?

the biosstates absouletleynothing about the temp. But like I said I could hear some sort of fan blowing. If my laptop hasmore than 1 fan and the cpu fn is going, where would i get a new one and how much would it be???

There you got me, i am not up on laptops as much. What does you temp read in bios. That might tell i you if the fan although running, might not be runnning the way it is supposed to. IE, your cpu is running hot. luck.

I think I might be able to aquire a motherboard monitor, so Let me see if I could do that and Ill get back to you.

did you plug it into a wall socket? because most laptops are designed to shut down when their batteries are low, otherwise, like trebor said, it may be overheating triggering it to shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom