Laptop REFUSES to boot no matter what!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaPurpleRT

Baseband Member
OK guys, upgrading my laptop hd to a bigger one (12gb to 27gb) (ILaptop is a Dell Inspiron 5000 - PIII Mobile 650, 256mb ram, etc. OS is Windows XP Pro SP2), so I tried copying all files on the original HD with Western Digital Datguard and putting them on the new HD by using a usb enclosure to containt he two HDs, putting all fiels onto my PC hd, then putting back over to the enw HD via the enclosure. Laptop wouldn't boot like that, just came up to blinking dos cursor and stuck. Someone suggested trying Norton Ghost. Got that, made backup, and restored onto new hd, just put it in, and same thing, blinking dos cursor and won't boot.

Also, now if I put the original HD back in that was working fine yesterday, it won't boot, same blinking DOS cursor! In fact, the only thing that will boot is my Ultimate Boot CD, BUT if I try to launch a HD analysis program or something like Mad Boot, it freezes again when it tries to load the boot sector!

What's wrong? Please help me!

Thanks, Ryan

that means that it isnt finding an operting system just copying all the files wont let u boot from that hdd u have to install windows again so u gotta boot from the cd meaning ur gonna have to reformat which will make u loose all data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom