Laptop question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know someone who bought one of those. Where ever the laptop goes it leaves hot. They are poorly cooled and everything but the AMD is old crap.

I am still a little confused, the computer is a compaq, which I know sams cannont build, or would think. That being said, can sams get a computer like this, and best buy have the same model but with better parts, just because its at best buy. Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate the help.

sams/wal mart get computers SPECIALLY made for them that use cheaper parts etc to get a cheaper price (so peoplel actually buy from them). i noticed my 200 dolllar printer there for 170 and i was like o #*(@ but i noticed at the end of the product name there was a 'w' so it was not the same thing

That is not true. If that was true Wal Mart Inc, would be under a lawsuit for the FTC about unfair marketing and trade practices. The "W" dosent mean a thing. Model ### vary by store & SKU's. The laptop is the same exact thing. Also the reason being Sam Club is cheaper, is because you pay for membership, they also use your personal information to sell to 3rd parties to also generate money. And the reason Wal Mart is so much cheaper is because they buy more of 1 item than any other retailer, because they do that, they get cheaper bulk prices. Wal Mart has over 5,000 stores, they pass their savings down to you. And Office Depot has the same exact product being sold for more then Wal Mart sells, Why? they only operate 900 stores. They buy less, they save less, the more money they spend on items, the more you spend.
Also the reason I know the SKU and model ## vary by store is because each different store might have "conflicts" with already exsisting SKU. Also the Item number/callsign might be too long or too short. I used to work at CVS and I did the Item Management on the computer. Also dont forget maybe the "W" was the item callsign to begin with.

no lol see
all the stores dont have the w only sams club.
i agree they buy in builk so they get discounts but they do get some stuff made esp for them... and about unfair junk how do home shopping channals get things for much cheaper then? its cuz theyre made for them and theytre a tad diff (cheapeer quality)

theres nothing illegal about making something for a company for a cheaper price because they may have certain deals with them

uzi9mm is right, I saw a belkin car charger at staples for $20 I go to Wal mart and it is $8. why? because wal mart can buy more of them. therefore they offer it at a cheaper price since because of the discount the unit price is less.
Also, some stores mark items up ALOT. wal mart does not mark up it's items up alot, that is why they have more business that is also why they have cheaper prices.
BTW, Where is this "W" ???

If you can find a "W" in either the:
Model: PM011UA#ABA

or the Item Number:Item: 198098
then you need glasses.

also the notebook has a 15.4" WIDESCREEN display, which would explain the "W" if you can prove that it is there.

Echo_ said:
no lol see
all the stores dont have the w only sams club.
i agree they buy in builk so they get discounts but they do get some stuff made esp for them... and about unfair junk how do home shopping channals get things for much cheaper then? its cuz theyre made for them and theytre a tad diff (cheapeer quality)

theres nothing illegal about making something for a company for a cheaper price because they may have certain deals with them
It is illegal when you have the same product, different known quality, offered at other stores at a higher price. It is called anti-trust violation. They can legally make a "cheap" laptop with cheap parts, but it must only be available to wal mart and not for sale in any other retailer. But the described laptop above is sold at almost every single retailer. So that rules out cheap parts. Also those "certain deals" that are made un-annonced, non-publicized deals, lands "CEO and executies" in jail.

So does that mean it wouldnt be made of cheap parts? Sorry once again for the newbie questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom