laptop processor 59 degrees!!! HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
wat should i do to cool it down? not overclocked, PIII 900 MHz 100 MHZ FSB wat should i do to cool it down....or am i over reacting is this normal/

i think that 60ish is ok. if it reaches 70, get scared! are you obstructing the laptops vents or fans in anyway?

lol... someone said to me that one company who made LAPtops advised AGAINST using them on ur LAP, as u may burn urself.

Heyyo,

Definately laptops on the lap is bad as our body generates heat wich will heat up the laptop. Same with your palms, try to lift them up while using the keyboard, especially if there's a running component under where you rest your hand like a cd rom drive. or HD. since you're not OCing that can't be a problem..

Somehow, as skinny as toshiba's are, they seem to be able to keep cool... the skinny-ness makes me think really poor air circulation, but it doesn't seem to affect it much at all... so yeah, if you have a good laptop make then obviously things such as tems should always be good.. older laptops most likely have poorer designs than newer ones, so yeah, you might have a really bad layout which ain't helping the temps. as someone mentioned earlier, definatley clean out any dust. Just open up the laptop and use an air can. Blowing with your mouth also works, but careful that no spit flies out, that can be bad.

its an IBM T22, and i just found out after running a few diagnostics that my HDD is failing...yay...luckily im still udner warranty so i can exchange it...anyway, its only 3 weeks since i got it so...yea...

don't stick your laptop on your lap or right on a table, put something under it to elevate it so that the processor sticks in mid air to get better cooling. you could also stick a desk fan and cool it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom