Laptop not so healthy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

marshall5

Baseband Member
Well, I've been trying to deal with it, but this HP ZX5000 is really starting to tick me off. It has been having this problem since I bought it new, where it used to flash a quick blue screen (with lots of codes) and restart when connecting to dial up. Now that I have cable, it will just do it out of the blue while surfing every once in a while, but definitely not as much. But that's not the problem...sometimes it just gets really slow, like the cursor freezes while typing a message etc. The computer has been freezing about 5 minutes into Splinter Cell almost everytime I play the game. This is pathetic for a "fast" laptop. What should I do? Should I delete the hard drive and start fresh? Or should I pitch it out the window? (I'm really close to doing so)

Thanks for any help guys.

if you wanna see what's in that blue screen, turn off the "reboot after system crash" (or so) option.

care to share so detailed system specs?

maybe you should clean install windows and keep the system nice and clean. defrag regulary and clean your register every once in a while. watch the temps as well.

if its new and you haven't installed/downloaded much stuff yet, then it won't hurt to reformat..since.. i believe with hp you can just pop in a 'quick recovery' cd and it brings everything bag to brand new condition..with some useless annoying software which you probably already uninstalled and need to again. if the problem still persists... then.. it could be hardware.

hahaha oh man brings back memories. i had a sony s260p that did the same thing with splinter cell, but only if i used heat vision. if i used heat vision it took me to the dreaded blue screen. for me it was because my video card wasnt high enough. turn off the automatically restarting thing after system failure. right click my computer>properties>advanced>startup and recovery and under system failure, unclick automatically restart.

why don't you try 'deleteing the hard drive' lol

the laptop may be defective, if it still has those problems after you reformat it you'll probably have to send it in to hp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom