Laptop display going out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaPurpleRT

Baseband Member
The case is cracking where it hooks to the laptop base but I don't think that is causing any issue.

The laptop has to usually be restarted several times to get the screen running right. If not, it will start with a bunch of lines going down and it and a color gradient only on the display.

Now, how many restarts is needed varies - sometimes, NONE, sometimes 50. Just have to flip it off and on until it starts up correctly.

What's the problem? Video card? Display? How to fix?

TIA guys,

Ryan

I don't understand the first point can you be more specific.

Maybe your LCD is dying out or the PC is not sending the signals to the monitor.

Or it could be your GPU...maybe your mobo is not sending power to it? Maybe it is not sending signals to it?

I dunno. Could be many things.

Is your laptop still under warranty. Most laptop manufacturers or retailers will gladly replace your laptop since fixing them is A LOT of pain unlike desktops.

Make sure you have updated drivers for you laptop for everything. Run diagnostic checks. But DO NOT open up your laptop!!!!!!

If you can concentrate the problem and you don't have warranty or it has expired bring it to an expert tech and let them look at it.

It's an old laptop, I wouldn't pay a dime to have it fixed. LOL. Boughnt a new hd for it and replaced it awhile back and the money the hd cost is more than I should've paid. :)

would a bad driver make an difference when starting up the machine though? Seems like that would only affect it in windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom