Laptop cooling problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakie

Fully Optimized
I have a Presario 1700 and it only has one slot for air (it kinda freaked me out). Anyway, do any of you laptop guru's out there think that I could drill some well placed holes with a dremel to help it cool?

I am confident I can do it, but I don't want 'extra' holes if it won't help.

i helped my neighbor do that. yea its possible. we did it with a compaq e500 ...... . you don't want to get too powertool happy. or else that means about 24 holes in your laptop.

If you place them in the right spots it will allow the labtop to be cooled. however, if you add holes and have fans on the outside blowing in without having any other holes for it to come out of it will not work. If do not plan to have outside fans and just holes this will only work to a certain degree and may only affect the heat 1 degrese. If that is the case i do not think the extra holes are need be unless the labtop is very hot.

Yeah i saw this review of this laptop cooler.It is basically it is a platform, with many small fans. This just sucks air in and blows it out the sides. The problem is that there is a constant breeze around the wrists, which can become really annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom