Laptop for College

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintox

Daemon Poster
i know there are tons of threads bout this, but ppl won't respond if i post on an old one

soooo

my brother is going to college, and my dad has given me the duty of finding a good laptop for him. we can spend about $1000 on it, but nothing over, we are mainly looking for around 800-900.

I am stuck though, b/c looking for a laptop compared to a desktop is way harder. there are tons of brands to get

my dad seems intent on getting one from a PC magazine, such as Dell's or HP's. but i'm not so sure these are the best for money. i've been lookin on newegg and tigerdirect (which has refurbished, which i dont want) but i dunno what to get.

heres around what i'm looking for:
around 60 gig HD, 40 acceptable but 60 = great
also some type of pentium or amd, NO CELERON
nothing else matters too much else

Anyone sugest anything? how are acers?

thanks guys,

once dell had a $500 coupon and i built a really nice laptop (just for the fun of it, wanted to see how much it costed) for around $1200, so you could always watch dell's site for big coupons

other than that, averatecs are nice for the money and pretty light

If he wants a cool looking laptop get an apple. They have the highest wow factor out of any other laptop. I have a 12in ibook and everyone thinks it is the coolest even though other people have much more expensive ones.

My dad has an averatec, and he loves it. its light, its fast, its well-built, and its a good machine for school. I would definitly recommend an averatec computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom