laptop came without 3.5 inch drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hello
I got my first laptop and discovered it came without a 3.5 inch drive. i was wondering what happened if something happened to the OS and i would have to reinstall the Windows XP, with my desktop i sometimes need the 3.5 inch drive since i dont have a bootable windows xp. so i go through the six 3.5 inch disk procedure for windows xp to get it going, since i dont have the 3.5 nch drve, what are the otpins availabel to me, is there any way i can use the USB ports to do the same thing that i used to do with the 3.5 inch drive?

get a proper copy of xp for one thing, as they are bootable.

You could burn xp onto a cd that is bootable, I have no idea how, apart from when you slipstream xp onto a disk than it can be a bootable one.

other than that, ask a friend to burrow his xp.

You could buy an external fdd(floppy disc drive).You didnt mention the Manufacturer and model of your laptop.

The Early IBM laptops came with an external fdd may of those are still available on ebay pretty cheap.

My current IBM T22 has a swappable fdd inserted after you remove the DVD drive.

Maybe what you bought has one or the other

Oh btw ;I bought an adapter that connects the ata Laptop hard drive to the Ide cables of your desktop.although I havent had time yet to try it.Im told this works though.....regards:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom