Laptop Battery/AC Adapter help *Urgent*

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzio

Baseband Member
I have a COMPAQ laptop. When i start up my computer, everything works fine, but every few seconds to minutes the little battery icon pops up. When i replugin the AC adapter the recharge icon comes on, but then once again a few seconds or minutes later it switches to the battery. The AC Adapter does have a light showing up when plugged in.

Is there a way I can fix this? Maybe updating drivers or something? Should I have COMPAQ repair it, or can I do something myself.

what compaq do you have? i have a r3200 and i used to get battery problems alllllll the time, i spent months doing different things, tell me what compaq you have and ill see if i can help

Try removing the battery and just running it strictly on ac power, and see if that helps anything at least for when it's plugged in.
Compaq may have new mainboard drivers or a newer battery utility available to help with these problems, you should check their support page for your laptop model.

jorsoft03 said:
Try removing the battery and just running it strictly on ac power, and see if that helps anything at least for when it's plugged in.
Compaq may have new mainboard drivers or a newer battery utility available to help with these problems, you should check their support page for your laptop model.

Thanks, i'll try this right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom