Lapped My TRUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave the CPU PLL alone, lower it a notch if anything. Try raising the CPU VTT. Adjust your memory latencies to what is recommended for your memory, not what I have listed. Have you been watching your temps while testing LinX? What are they peaking at? And what is your Vreg Temp doing under load? Use HW Monitor. Exactly which mobo do you have? Are you using the latest Bios?
in your settings you have it at 1.8? I used the latencies that are for my ram, which i believe is the same as the oens you listed anyway. The peak seems to be mid to high 70's...as for the vreg, i checked hwmon and i could not see anything like that (never even heard of that before now) As for the mobo i just have the EVGA X58 ATX. Yes, i updated to the latest bios as soon as i got the mobo, as far as i have noticed a new one has not come out since then.

I'll experiment a bit with it tomorrow...

^with the comp oced or does it matter? As i reset it last night as it would crash when i was gaming, but it did not crash any other time, even when folding.

show us the the HW Monitor Screen OC'd at an idle and when folding.

Try a different Video Driver and see if the problem gaming changes. If it gets worse or better then it indicates a problem with the Driver. If it stays the same then we need to look elsewhere.

^why would it be a video driver? Ii would do the same thing when not oced then, and it does not. Anyway, i dont really have the time to do the oc again tonight, but tomorrow i probably will.

Overclocking effects the whole system to an extent and it will cause the weakest link to crash. And when Gaming the Video is usually being worked the hardest so the Driver often takes the abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom