LAN failure - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 04:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Default LAN failure

My computer will not boot up. I press f8 to try to boot from disk and it says "LAN cable failure". What does that mean and how can I fix it? Thanks

Old 09-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: LAN failure

If it has a LAN problem, that would be within Windows. It would not limit you from starting it. What OS do you have? When does this come up?

Old 09-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

HiYa, I have win7 pro. When I boot up it will go to page that says, 'press del to enter SETUP, press tab to display BIOS POST msg'. And it will stay there for a while then it will go to the BIOS page with the LAN cable warning. I have tried the defaults in bios setup, I have tried to boot from the OS installation disk by F8. When I boot from disk it will go as far as loading Windows but will cancel after a while. Do not know what to do. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

Try disabling the Ethernet port in BIOS. Should be in advanced - I/O devices or something to that wording.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie

OK, I disabled onboard LAN boot. Nothing that actually said Ethernet port. Still will not boot. Now I get 'floppy disks fail (C0)' in BIOS msg post.

It says setup is starting so maybe so. Do not know if it will go thru it all. Will let u know. Thanks

No, it still comes back with floppy disk fail. Still looking for a solution.

Well it is booting up now. Do not know why or how. Still working on it and Thanks.

This thing has got me really fustrated. When I boot up it goes into the RAID utility and stays at the 'detecting array' forever. I installed three new drives to make a raid5. I have gone into bios and enabled raid but I am really new to this. I was having trouble with the boot before and was said I had a disk failure but now I am not so sure of that. How long does it take to 'detect arrays'? When I did get a boot I could not find all the drives. Just one and of course it was one of the new ones which is blank and no help at all. In bios if I just want a raid5 is that all I enable or does it matter if I enable them all? This is the second weekend without my 'good'? computer and I was looking forward to some game time. I do want to get this done.
CPU-6100 3.3 Ghz Black Edition, MB ASUS CrossHair V, GPU Galaxy GTX 560ti X2, G.Skill Sniper 1866 4x4GB, PSU SilverStone SST-ST1000-P, WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1TB x2, Monitor ASUS 258VE LED BackLit, ASUS 12x BW-12B1ST Blu-Ray Writer, IWIN BUC case, SteelSeries MERC KeyBoard,NetGear DGND3700 N600 Wireless ADSL2+
Closed Thread