laggy broad band?

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil_warrior

In Runtime
i have a bit of a confusing problem. I currently have 1 computer and xbox using a 54mb router sharing the broadband modem. Now when i am playing xbox live when the computer is on my games are EXTREMELY laggy, and yet when my computer is off it is still only half good and still laggy. instead of the full experiance i am expecting. What is the problem?

"Speed (Downstream/Upstream)1 Uncapped/128"

WTF no DSL company's are going around with uncapped services, unless this is just a marketing saying they dont limit that 8 meg of service, but most people will not get that 8 meg due to australia's crappy artechtechture.

Try a speedtest. http://www.broadbandreports.com/stest

Now to me this problem seems like bandwidth priority problems. The XBOX doesnt use much and the router knows that. Theirfor it will give the PC much more bandwidth to download things, as a 200 or so ping is not bad for downloading stuff really.

I have the same issues, their's some software to limit what your computer to use. I have a cisco router and even have this problem, and It's too cheap of a cisco to assign a percentage to the ports :mad:

I have a similar plan...and I'm wireless and my Xbox games are still flawless. How old is your router?

Well older routers and cheap ones wont be as good at bandwidth sharing. It may decide to give them 50 \ 50 or something.

If you want to know my router, cisco 831k9 new from the box last month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom