Ladys and Gents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasrix

In Runtime
Well Well Well!! i went out this morning and finally bought my new video card. The Nvidia Gforce 6600 Gt and i must say... YEE-HAAA! With the Radeon 8500 i had in it before, on the 3dMark('03) i scored a woping 1100 score at the end or results i should say. with this card i scored...7721. i must say thats quite the improvement no? im hoping i took everyones advice right and went with, what i see, as a really good vid card.

Anyway, on to a question. With the 3dMark software i have installed right now, the 03 version (ill install the newer one tonight of course) my computer zooms through the first run of animations like a well lubricated skinnyman in a drain pipe. The video card test that is, and then when it comes to the cpu part it seems to lag a bit... now whats on my computer is in my sig and i dont know what to do about this... my only guess is to upgrade something but what?

and one other thing, im gonna have to upgrade my 350W power supply to about a 450-500 cause i notice since i put the new card in that my hard drives seem to be straining a bit... due to lack of power? that could be it i THINK...

Eh that's a much better score than the 8500

You will lag in the CPU part, your FPS is lower for some reason. Happens with my 3400+ OC'ed to 2.5ghz as well

yes getting a new PSU is an excellent idea , but i dont think you'll need to upgrade anything. Your rig is practically top of the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom