KVM switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

pflip

Beta member
I have two laptops: a G3 and and G4

I've connected them to a KVM switch, as well as an additional keyboard, mouse and monitor. I purchased a MiniView Micro USB PLUS KVM Switch from Iogear.

http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&Item=GCS632U

For the first few weeks everything peformed flawlessly. Then one day, I sat down and that the keyboard was no longer responding. I unplugged the USB connections to the computers, waited a few seconds then plugged everything back in and bingo, problem solved.

Everything worked fine for the next couple of days, then it happened again! Ok, I know what to do -- so I just unplug everything then plug it back in again.

Now, this is happening like two or three times a day. Seems I'm constantly having to power cycle this thing which is a real PITA. Of course I tossed my receipt after ordering it so I'm stuck.

So, I'm looking to get another switch. I was thinking of a Belkin, but I just did some research and found some product reviews describing the same kinds of problems.

Can anyone recommend a good KVM switch that won't break the bank?

Thanks.

pflip said:
I tossed my receipt after ordering it so I'm stuck.

No you're not, the law states (at least in the UK) a reciept isn't required as proof of purchase, it's just 'handy'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom