KVM Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

casesensitive

Beta member
I just bought an Edimax cheapo EK-PS2C KVM-box and I'm noticing that this model doesn't quite work for me. It seems to work fine otherwise and is very convenient, but the picture quality is a little bad. I use a Samsung 959NF monitor going at around 1280x960@100Hz or 1280x1024@94Hz depending which computer I'm using. The faults of the picture are most obvious when I'm using Windows desktop/surfing or whatever with small text in it. The overall picture seems slightly doubled, which makes it extremely tiring to watch, especially as I'm used to the sharp picture I usually get from this monitor. Also, there seems to be somekind of loss of contrast or something like that as everything seems a little pale and less colourful. I find that I can't use my computers like this.

Anyway, my question is, whether all of the KVM's in this price class (under 50e?) are as bad as this one when used in a demanding context? I'm considering returning this KVM and trying others but if there isn't much to improve (after all, I'd prefer not to invest too much in these boxes) should I just go for a little more unconvenient way by connecting both computers direcly to the monitor, one using VGA and the other computer using the BNC connectors and choose which computer to view from the monitor? Mouse/keyboard could be then routed through the KVM but would have to be switched separately.

c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom