Know any good Mobos for under $100 (w/ all onboard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengance

In Runtime
I've recently had my computer (CPU or Mobo) hosed and its become apparent I need a replacement. Currently (excluding drives etc....) I have a

MSI 6390 Socket A

with a Athlon XP 1.67 Ghz.

I'm not entirely partial to AMDs, but it seems the cheaper way to go right now. Also, if the problem is my current mother board, I can just plug in the old 1.67 Ghz Athlon, if not, I don't mind upgrading to a Athlon 2800 XP or so.

Here's what I'm looking for:

• Reliable with warranty and driver support
  • On board video (if better than a GeForce 4 MX 64mb, otherwise not necessary)
  • On Board Sound
  • 10/100 Lan onboard
  • USB 2.0
  • Firewire (would be nice if not too $)
  • AGP & PCI (PCIe? not sure about the future standard)

Is there much of a price difference if it's prebundled with CPU? Honestly, if anyone knows a good deal on the cost/quality ratio, please post away!

yea...try this link out and type in what your looking for :

www.tomshardware.com or www.google.com and search for "Tom's hardware guide." I give it 4 out of 4 stars. Its basically a review for all the hottest online computer part stores, it shows you the lowest price as well as the competitors. I hope that helps!
Personally, If your going AMD, get a 64 bit....FOR SURE and I recommend a 2800+ or higher, see if you can get an nforce 3 chipset, and go for a MOBO with D.O.T. (Dynamic overclocking technology). There's my two-bits :~)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom