Kicked off every 15 minutes !

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekster

In Runtime
My wifes gateway just started kicking her off the internet about every 15 minutes . Do you think her modem is going bad ? ISP is wal mart and works fine on 2 other rigs.

Do you have XP? If so, check your Internet Information Security and your network connection. Does the connection cut in and out? or is it windows?

Xp SP2, All works fine except for getting booted. Ran spybot- all is good, ran avg scan-no viruses. I got booted after my last post.

People still use dial-up? Could be a faulty wire that connects your modem to your phone jack... Could be a faulty modem... Try taking a modem out of another PC and installing it in that one. Connect to the internet and see if you get booted. OR go spend 30.00 on a new modem...

HAVOC2k5 said:
People still use dial-up?

yes, not everyone lives in an area with lots of choices of ISP's

unfortuantely me crappy area only offers dial-up or adelphia cable

well it was either the 33/55 dial-up or the 4000/386 cable, so i went with cable, even though it sucks cable doesn't suck, adelphia does)

i wish Verizon was available at my house (my neighbor that's about a hundred feet away from me has verizon DSL...argh)

Tried my modem from my rig-- same thing. My wife deleted some files , maybe she deleted something she shouldnt have.I tried a repair install and it went to error saying some files were missing. I guess its time for a fomat.

Oh no !!! I reformatted drive c and reinstalled xp on my wifes rig only to find it still boots me off after about 15 minutes. Its not the modem. Its not xp. Its not the phone line. All have been checked with spare parts. When I query the modem in diagnostics , it says last disconnect was from [carrier lost (code 60) pci ]. I think I may have a pci problem because the comp works perfect other than the internet connection. Any ideas ?

Well... mine kinda did the same thing... but.. a new modem fixed the problem... but then also brought me from a 42.2 kbps connection to a 19.2.... even tho this modem is better.. idk wtf happened to do THAT.. but...hmmm... any chance a virus avg didnt pick up that could be screwing around with ur connection?? or a cracker or summin??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom