keyboards don't work anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

toaster.waffle

Solid State Member
i have an old computer with an ASUS P55T2P4 motherboard which uses those big 5-pin keyboard plugs.

uh. so one day the keyboard stopped working. even when its booting up and its checking for memory DEL and ESC don't work.

when I press caps lock, num lock, or scroll lock, none of the lights light up.

I've tried 2 keyboards, and neither work.

is the connection to the MOBO broken (it's not in a case)? is it the BIOS? is it the keyboards?

someone suggested removing the battery for 10-15 minutes to reset the BIOS but there is no battery.

would getting a USB PCI card and then a USB keyboard solve my problem if it is infact the motherboard that is broken?
are there PCI or ISA cards that have PS/2 inputs on them. hahaha.

any help would be awesome

sorry if im wrong.. but dont all mobo's have batteries for BIOS... ?? im pretty dang sure they do... so look around and find a battery :)

Static_11 said:
sorry if im wrong.. but dont all mobo's have batteries for BIOS... ?? im pretty dang sure they do... so look around and find a battery :)

no battery.

could it be disguised like a chip?

I think it has to have a battery. That is how it works. RAM remembers what you have when the computer is one because it gets power to it. When the power leaves, it loses the data, which is why it is gone when you turn it off. There HAS to be some kind of juice going to the motherboard. Whether it is a battery, or looks like a chip, or looks like a crystal, or something... there has to be SOMETHING.

blah:
MVC-011F.JPG

and:
MVC-012F.JPG

Shumway said:
Are you using an adapter to hook up your keyboard? I know if you use a adapter to hook up a newer keyboard to the older comp it won't find it 90% of the time :confused:

the pictures show my keyboard plugged in. no adapters; just one big keyboard plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom