Keyboard failure on boot up - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2005, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Question Keyboard failure on boot up

I recently bought a new wireless keyboard and mouse. After installing them everything appeared to be working correctly however i noticed that when my pc boots up an error message saying keyboard failure appears, but because the keyboard works fine dispite the annoying message i just ignored it.

Until the other day when i wanted to access the BIOS and found that i was not able to because the keyboard doesnt work at that particular point in the boot up sequence... any ideas on how to fix this?

Cheers, Indie

Old 01-25-2005, 07:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

I have no idea on how to fix it, and have had the same problem using both an ASUS and Abit board. The thing I had to end up doing was just to use the regular ps/2 keyboard and the wireless mouse. Sorry I haven't been much help, but I searched high and low for the same answer over 6 months ago. Still no solution today.

Old 01-25-2005, 07:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie

Well, you can try to install everything all over again, make sure you do it in the currect sequence. Also make sure your computer completely recognize the hardware, in your Control Panel.

If all failes, just get a cheap USB keyboard. Use it w/e you need to do BIO settings.
Finished With TF.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

But ... if it isn't noticing it on boot then that will not solve his problem. If he can't get to a POST screen then that has nothing to do with the Windows boot sequence. His system isn't recognizing it.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via MSN to CntdwnToExtn

i've noticed that if i have a usb keyboard i have to go into the bios and enable usb keyboard, but doing that with a ps/2 keyboard...then after my settings are saved i just switch it over to the usb keyboard.
[110.7896] Getting up from chair
[112.8798] Walking to fridge
[118.5234] Opening Fridge
[119.1439] CntdwnToExtn panic - no beer: Fridge empty!

Closed Thread