k8neo bios locks up when accessing HT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
Ok, finally got the board working, turned out i had a crappy psu, you would think 500 watts could push it, but you get what you pay for, i paid like 50 bucks for a pos psu. OK, when i go into the bios to access the HT multiplier, it just locks. I hit enter on HT to bring up list of multipliers, and it just locks the bios up solid. the board has the most up to date bios, i cleared the cmos, did nothing. I cant find anything anywhere on the net with anybody having the same problem. I have the k8neo2 platinum board.

This board appears to be a nice overclocker. I could get my 64 3500's fsb all the way up to 235 without even having to up the voltage on anything. It got a little unstable, so i uped the voltage a bit, took it up a lil more and its unstable again. I read that, you multiply the fsb times your HT multiplier to get your HT, and you should keep your HT as close to 1000mhz as possible, at least thats what i read. So i was gunna change the multiplier down to 4 to keep it under 1000, but it locks up tight when accessing the multiplier. My system is not oced right now, locks up on stock speeds.

anybody else have this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom