K7S5A soudn prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
My bro has a ECS K7S5A mobo with a 1.2 athlon in it, the board is a piece of c**p and i hate it but the problem im gettin now is his sound is totally dead. its saying is got the ac97 sound chip onboard but im gettin no sound, ive tried working heaphone in so i know its not the speakers, ive tried puttin newest divers on but still get nothing. ive ran out of idea nows can any1 help? thanks

Check to make sure that onboard sound is enabled in the BIOS (del key after you boot up).. If it is still enabled, try uninstalling any previous drivers (when I say any, I mean any and all) for the sound card, and then use the original CD that came with the motherboard to install the audio drivers.

If the sound still isn't working at this point, it's more than likely an IRQ conflict or else the chip is actually dead. If this is the case, check to see if you can record with the microphone - if you can record with the mic, it may just be the output jack that's messed up.

Hopefully it's just the drivers though. Good luck!

ok thanks wil check it out tomorro, dont think the sound is diabled in bios though. will try the mic though never through of that :$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom