just wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

noxarcana

In Runtime
I have 2 questions in this thread. First one involves windows. When i built my computer, i bought a windows oem versian sp2 xp from newegg. When i installed, it did not have any of the accesories like word. Anyone know if i can download it somewhere, or would i have to buy a different versian of windows to get it?

And also, I am in school, so i need a decent printer. I was wondering if someone could help me out here. Ive always spent like 20 dollars on a printer, they work for a month and break. Can anyoner recommend me a decent computer for like 100? And do laser printers need to get refilled...like ink cartorages or something, i have no idea. Make fun of me if you like lol

Thanks

Hit auction sites that sell surplus equipment. You can usually get some deals there. Or hit your local university, school, library, etc. and see what they do with their used equipment. Laser printers have different type cartridges than deskjet. They last much longer but are much more expensive. Your version of windows will run all office apps, you just have to buy the software.

As far as a printer goes, get an inkjet printer, something that doesn't cost alot on ink. I'm guessing you're just printing out text documents? Then an HP inkjet will work excellent. They have extremely cheap ink cartridges, and they're very good quality in text mode.

if its only black text you print out id save up for a cheap mono laser printer fast and less hassle. The toner (its ink cartridge) normally lasts for 1500 sheets but are more expensive than ink cartridges but I think in the long run it balances out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom