Just some optimizing questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram2453872

Solid State Member
My computer is so far still having problem,but i will fix it and i know it takes sometime for people to respond to posts so i thought i would ask now and do later. Here are my specs

Windows xp home editon
geforce fx 5900 ultra
80 gig 7200rpm western dig. hard drive
audigy sound blaster 2
two 512 corsuar ddr3400 chips
865 pe neo 2 mother board
p4 3.0ghz 800fbs
sony dvd-rw
power supply: cwt-420atx-12v, turbolink
mexus panal
3 case fans and a led tube light.

Ok i was just wondering what i can do to get the best of my computer without overclocking anything. I overclock my video card but besides that i just want to know the best settings for the best performance.

Turn your resolution down to 640-480 and turn the effects on your games all the way down. That should give you optimal frame rates! Or you could just put the thing together, crank it all to the max and revel in the awesome spectical that is your new computer! :) Seriously, without overclocking, you can't "tweek" much out of your computer, and you shouldn't need to, it's a great system. Keep your drivers up to date and keep programs from running is the background, that's my best advise. The advantages tweeking little things might give you aren't going to be noticable. What's one more FPS? By the time the computer's having problems with current games, the extra 1 FPS from a tweek isn't going to help you anyway. Just make sure you set everything correctly in your bios and install all the drivers and whatnot and don't worry about it.

Yea that is true when the system was working it worked great and i have no problems with any game so far, but about the bois. I have an option for my mother board to go slow,fast,turbo, and ultra-turbo. My mother board is jacked up right now and msi is going to replace it. when i run turbo or above its very unstable, do you thinkt hat is cause of the board being broke or settings to high for the computer to handle. Also the meory timing how can i adjust them so that they run the way they are sopposed to without getting that stupid ddr is timing to tightly error. If peopel can post there specs and there auqamark and 3d-mark tests so i can compare it would really help because im not scoring as high as i would like i will post the scores as soon as i get my comp up and running agian which should be soemtime next week probally friday.

And my system is working right agian the new mother board and some settings fixed it. I like my scores much better now i got a 6448 on 3dmark03 and a 46,687 on the aquamark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom