Just some food for thought....

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol @ shopping on walmart.com for vid card LOL

go to www.newegg.com, they have good stuff and its cheapest prices

anything agp will work as long as it's compatible w/ your computer (such as RAM and stuff, read below on the vid card u want and it'll say minim. requirements)

Quintox said:
well get a new agp card, 64mb would work for sims 2 but 64 still sux, so its not really an upgrade, but for u it is :)

how much $$ u have to spend ?

EDIT :

well 128ram vid card is pretty good for sims 2, so u'd be OK w/ that,

and w/ the 256 ram stick, you can add that to your comp which should give u around 500ram. (dont take our ur old one)

that is, if u have 2 slots for RAM

Memory isn't generally too important for graphics cards. There are lots of 64mb cards that outperform 256mb cards, the GPU is much more important. Don't buy a card based on onboard memory alone.

awosme webstie quintox :), but i usually dont do the whole online order thing. But it does give me some ideas thanks ;P. oh and smauler, what would be a good GPU with lets say 128MB of video ram , for under 100 bucks, or maybe alil over. That would work with my system to play sims2 ?

lol i dunno ? tahts what that guy said.. who knows.. all i know is that i want to play this F'ing game on my comp.. it looks sooo good..lol

ha

all i know is to get a new vid card and some RAM

not sure what kind, but i do know that even if u get an 8x agp card, your 4x will still run it, only at a 4x speed not 8x

thats what i read somewhere

Yup thats what im gunna do, get a better vid card, T&L supported. and 256MB of ram. If that doesent run the game, then im beat. Ill just sell it for like 5 dollers off what i paid for it to my friend lol.. THeres no reason why it shouldent play if i get those two things. Lol on christmas day, just for shits and giggles, i think im gunna try it out and see if it will work. haha wouldent that be sweet if it did :)

yep :)

dont take my word for everything, i am def. not even close to an expert

i'm in the same boat as you, except i need vid card for counter strike source, and it has to be PCI lol

lol its aiight, im gunna try my best and hope everything works:p, you guys have been a HUGE help in trying to figure this stuff out. Im not even close to an expert either, i just want to play this game on my "ANCIENT" System. lol I remember 4 years ago this comp was the SHIT. haha it was awsome, now it just blows.....thanks again for all your help!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom