Just a Memory Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiGiT128

Solid State Member
Ok. i know that this motherboard (dell) takes RDRam PC800 memory(its my friends). But i got a 2 256 modules of RDRam PC 1066 laying around and i want to see if it will take it.

i know (or i think i know) that i cant not have the PC 800 in at teh same time as the PC1066 but if i took the PC800 out and put in the PC1066, what would happen if it the motherboard doesnt accept it?

i want to see if it will work, but if it doesnt take it, whats teh worst that would happen?

would the memory just act like PC800 instead of 1066?

Please respond >.>

That would be fine,,, I have a Dell of the same age,, RDR ram,, that model was only in for a year,, and the cost of RDR ram ,, is MUCHO GRANDE!!

swap it out,, the most that will happen is that the BIOS will give you an imcomatible ram message,,

good luck,, and lucky you for having that !

I'm not the best pro ever, but anyway, I did many expierements on p1, celleron, p3. I tried many combinations with memory. however, the memory is works at the speed of the FSB (Front Serial Bus) of your CPU or lower (I've never heard memory runs faster than FSB). So, if your FSB is 800Mhz, so your memory, either the 800 one and 1066 one will both work at 800.

I don't think you will have any problems. Just connect it properly to slot.

If you had had another stick slower (PC400 or PC133 for example), so it will be a problem.

And if the memory from any reason is not compatible with your mobo, so your comp just will not boot (even BIOS) untill you remove wrong stick.

If anyone dissagree with me, tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom