Is it just me or 6800 Ultra sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupid

In Runtime
I had 9800 Pro and just got 6800 Ultra. I thought i would see a big improvement. I not only see no improvement i would say water(in cs:s) looked better than on 9800 pro. No matter how hight or low settings are set i still get 53 fps in(cs:s) stress test. The most fps i get in the game is 60 i feels like its locked, it doesn't go down and doesn't go up.
Wierd...

Never played the game myself but maybe 60 FPS is the ceiling or something? Doom3 has a ceiling of 60 FPS but I don't know if that applies to the stress test or not.

The 9800pro shouldn't even be comparable to the 6800Ultra, which brand did you get?

BTW: You managed to an XP 3000+ to 3GHz with the bigwater?
I have the bigwater with an extra radiator, 4 120mm fans and a 35w 2400+ XP-Mobile and it won't go that high....

Got some benches and screenies?

LOL th e6800ULTRA whoops up on the 9800pro, runs circles around it , then kicks it in the rear a few times w/ time to spare before the 9800pro can even think straight lol. I think you got some serious issue w/ computer or soemthing and i would suggest getting screenies and stuff for that 3gig machine before ppl start crap. just tryin to help;)

Yeah man, the 6800 striaght owns the 9800... Im surprised you got that XP to 3.0ghz.. How many rad's you have?

its more likely that u just didnt disable CS:S's maxfps limit of 60.

doom3 has a 60fps limit along with a lot of other games. just google for 'consolde command' to disable the limit.

3.0ghz? I don't think there's any way under the sun my 3000+ would hit those speeds. If it did I'd be well chuffed! :D Unless that is you're refering to the Intel clock speed equivelant :confused:

As for the CS:S benchmark, you're saying the score doesn't deviate on high or low settings? Um... are you sure you clicked 'Apply' after changing the settings?. Source's framelimit isn't capped, as far as I know, at least not by default.

the 3 Ghz overclock was done like twice, i dont do it anymore, but i could if i needed to, i have two radiators with my Bigwater so i guess thats why it works so well.

if i dont fix my 6800 ultra ill beat the sh** out of it and put the pro back in.

Hye uh dude i dont think you need to fix it. I think you need to fix the other problem your having cause there is a deffinate problem if your not seeing a big diff between the 6800U and the 9800pro. are you sure you have the latest driver? have you completely taken out the ATI drivers? do you have DX9c? do you have the 8xagp turned on? do you have the game capped? oh and bench it to really find out after you have asked yourself these questions and made sure they are all yes.

If your 6800 Ultra keeps getting the same peformance with eye candy on and off, this usually means another part of your system is bottlenecking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom