Just built a new computer........

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandivine

Baseband Member
Just built a new computer, asus motherboard and antec case. I just turned it on and I have power to the fans , front lcds, hard drive etc but nothing comes up on the monitor. What could be going on? This is my second one and the first one works beautiful.
Dan

make sure everything is seated properly CPU/Memory/AGP Card all power conections are connected , CPU Fan connected in proper CPU socket.

Try removing all hard drives/memory sticks/sound cards/etc. and then try to boot with only a graphics card and a single memory stick.

If this doesn't work, you have a hardware failure either on the memory or on the mainboard.

Guess what it was................. I took off the pentium 4 processor and low and behold there was two pins bent on the corner.
So I whent on the newegg site where I bought it to get a rma number to return, thet said you can't return processors after 7 days ... So I thought I was out $140. I put the cpu on a matt I have got a magnifying glass and a straight edge razor and straighten them. I lined it up over the socket and it had to be forced just a bit. I thougt because of that it wasn't going to work but vola she started right up.
Lucky...................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom