just bought my radeon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
..... My prosavage card is not in the bios I checked every category. I thought it would be in "integrated perheprials" but it isnt anywere. But in the contraol panel in ad and remove programs there is a "prosavageDDR and utilities" mabe if i uninstall that?

You should be able to install the new g-card along-side the onboard graphics. Just keep your cable connected to the onboard graphics card while you set things up. Then, once the new card is installed, you can switch the cable over and see what happens. The card should be running and give you a picture (you may have to tell windows to switch to the other display card (your new card) through the windows advanced display properties). If your new card is working and gives you a picture and all, then you can go an disable your old onboard card through the device manager. Reboot, see what happens.

No lol i didnt plug my monitor into the graphics card : / overall very stupid lol so my screen turned on and i installed everything and it works fine without uninstalling the other stuff thanks guys!

You still need to uninstall/disable your onboard video. It uses some of your RAM and it may create conflicts with the new one. You should have it in your BIOS if not, disable it from your device manager.

I havent paid much attention to PCI cards lately.
Im unaware of a ATI 9600XT in PCI form ?? Only AGP !But if you say thats what you have then i sugest this install method
PCI Video Card Installation they`re a little Complicated but not hard to understand.
(NOTE)(If your Doing a
fresh Operating System Install you have to install the Onboard Video 1st).Theres a few Steps that have to
be Explored before you install a PCI Card . Boot into your BIOS by Restarting your Sytem press one of these key
combinations durring Start up ( Delet ,F1 ,F2 , Ctrl Esc , Alt Esc ,Hold Esc Key on Power up ).
You may have to research this to find the proper keystroke for your system.Once your in your bios look for an option
that will allow you to enable or disable Onboard Video.Usually found under Advance/Device Configuration/Primary VGA.
Basicly you want to disable onboard video and enable PCI video when the time comes.
If you dont see this option or its not available you will have to get online go to the Motherboard Manufacture Website
and Download a Flash Bios Utility that will enable this feature.You will have to research this for yourself
not all boards are the same but the basic steps are .
After you`ve determined your bios state and updated as nessesary lets install the PCI card .Simply Turning off your
system putting the card in and Hooking your Monitor Cable to the PCI card doesnt allways work.(Some systems will
auto detect but most will not display anything on your monitor.Leaving you stuck not knowing what to do).
Most systems require a series of steps.(NOTE)There are some differences between Operating Systems.This is the way i install
PCI cards and ive never had any problems.
1.Download the latest available Drivers From the Video Card Manufacture .
2.Turn off your system unplug the power supply.
3.Install the PCI Card (Dont switch your Monitor Cable over to the PCI Card)Reconect your power and Power Up the system.
Still using your Onboard Video.
4.When your operating system is booting up it will detect the new device and attempt to install it.Cancel this operation
After your fully booted up do the next step.
5.Insert your installation CD or Execute your Downloaded Driver file installer and install the Video Card.
When finsished and it prompts to Restart your system select cancel and restart later.
6.Shut Down your system unplug the Monitor cable from the onboard Video Adapter Plug it into your PCI Card.
7.Power up your system and boot directly into bios,Disable on board Video enable PCI VGA (if you have the Option).
Save the changes and boot into your operating system.
8.If the Operating Sytem attemts to reinstall your onboard video cancel that operation.
9.Go to Device Manager and check for Problemed Hardware in Other Devices or Display Adapters .
If you see the Onboard video still being recognized simply select Disable Device never use this device.
Thats the basics on PCI card Installation .Not very complicated but it does require steps to be followed.

Raiden, lol! I think helpmeplease is one of your people! Though i wouldn't let him near your machine with a pair of wire-cutters!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom