just bought my radeon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiden_nrl

In Runtime
Hey i just bought my saphire radeon 9600 XT 256 mb's ok i got catalisk from the ATI site and i am going to install it along with direct x 9 is there anything else i need to do. I think i heard before that i have to uninstall my old graphics card driver am i correct?

prosavage 8 (built in) Ok but how do i install this thing i clicked on catalysk software and said that it could not find my hardware that it could install on. So i shutoff my computer and stuck it in... but my screen does not turn on so i took it out. So do i uninstall my old card right now? And then put it in and it will work? I have never installed a card before so i know nothing. Oh may i mention i do not have direct x 9 installed.

k...what you have to do i think is dissable the onboard in the bios, then reboot and open up windows then install all of the drivers then i think it'll reboot again then you go and get all of the other drivers you need, i think it should have come with direct x 9 and every thing.

so what u mean is disable my prosavage in the bios and turn it off put in my radeon then install catalysk?

yeah pretty much after you boot with the vid card in put those disks that it came with in and get the drivers set up then go and dl the new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom