ISA bus question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigSich

Beta member
I have an old machine, not a computer, that I need to interface with a computer. I can do this by putting in an RS-232 card into the device and using that serial port to connect with the computer and then write some low level code to capture the input and save it to a file. The problem is that in the device I want to put the ISA card into, the pins are parallel to the serial port. I have never seen a card that way. All the cards I see have the pins 90 degrees from the output ports. Does anyone know of any ISA bus cards with parallel pins, or does anyone have any way around this? Thanks.

I thought about that, but i would need a riser card that is in the shape of an L. The ISA pins would need to be on the left outside of the "L" and the slots for the pins would need to be on the topside of the bottom of the "L". I haven't seen any cards configured like this.

Ya - any way of using the MB without the case? Just use like a screw driver to jum the MB into starting. That would probably alleviate a lot of the room issues.

There is no way to remove the mobo from the case. It's like 20 years old, and a very fragile piece of equipment. Plus its got 6 outputs on the other side, so it would take way to long to remove from the case.

Update: The bus type is not ISA 8bit as I thought. I took the time to actually count the pins in the slot and there are only 22, so it's a 44 pin connector. I have no idea what type of bus this is. So i guess the thread is now changing to "Name this bus type."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom