ipod wont connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooseman

In Runtime
I have my ipod for a few weeks now and it has been fine. I enabled disk use a while ago so i could put some files on its hard drive. Yesterday when I connected it to my computer nothing happened it didn't open itunes to start updating. I left it connected for a few minutes and it started to charge but it never updating and I couldn't find it in itunes or windows explorer. I connected it to another computer and same results. None of out computers have a 6 pin firewire port so I couldn't try that. I thought it was the USB cable so I ordered a replaced from apple it came within 24 hrs :D but same problem it wouldn't update but after a few minutes it started recharging. Please help me.

Thanks in Advance,
Robert

Use the iPod utility that installed on your PC to restore the iPod to factory condition. You will have to plug it into the AC adapter to flash it after it is done restoring. Once that is done you should be able to see it in iTunes. Plug it in first then run iTunes though.

Just curious did you format it in Windows Explorer because it said you needed to? I did that and had the same problem you are having. The problem w/ doing that is it gets rid of the iPod software that runs the device.

It wont connect at all so i cant restore it and I haven't done anything different so I dont know why it just suddenly stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom