"Invalid System Disk" - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2003, 12:13 PM   #31 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

what i would do is

1) download a copy of wipe-it
2) reinstall the os from a cd

your cd does work right? check the cable on the floppy drive and see if its cracked, those cables get brittle after a while (this pc sounds a little old) and with you guys in there unplugging stuff and plugging stuff back in you could have broken those old, brittle ribbon cables, or just unplugged it from the mobo

Old 11-04-2003, 12:28 PM   #32 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to LunaNox

Erm... well we're not exactly sure if the CDROM works or not. I think it does. When we go into the BIOS and tell it to boot from the CDROM, it gives us two options, so I believe it works.

As for the cables and such. I really have no clue about the whole hardware aspect of the computer so I'm not sure what cables go where or anything, but we just unplugged the cables that were coming from the floppy drive and took that out.

Closed Thread