Internet Off-Site Storage - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2006, 04:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Internet Off-Site Storage

I'm interested in backing up my office server (which has important files) to my home file server (that I’m fixing to place at my house for this project) and run a script or a program to transfer the files over the internet via Comcast Cable....any suggestions on how to do this? I know there are a lot of companies out there who can do this (internet off-site storage) for me but I'd like to keep it in house and for me to be personally responsible and would like to keep any Over Head cost out of the picture.

Old 05-19-2006, 05:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie
Default Re:

If you can gain external access to your office server via the Internet, you can use an FTP program like Filezilla to connect to the server and transfer the files from the remote site to the local site at home.

|Desktop PC| |Macbook Air 13" (Mid 2013)|
|Windows 8.1 Pro (x64)| |AMD FX 4100 Black Edition 3.6 GHz @ 4.0 GHz OC| |Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 PRO| |Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Super Overclock 1GB| |ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard| |Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD SATA III HDD| |Kingston HyperX 8GB PC3-14900 DDR3-1866| |OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU| |NZXT Vulcan Micro ATX Case|
Closed Thread