Internal siren is driving me nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leper

Beta member
Ok, I have an Intel Pentium 4, 2.4 Ghz CPU. My computer is operating completely normally, except for one problem: There is this incessant siren that starts upon bootup and won't quit.

I've read that this indicates a CPU problem and discovered that my computer's VCORE voltage is running a bit low, about 10.5 volts. However, my comp is running fine and I can deal with the low voltage as long as it doesn't interfere with performance. My real question is how to turn off the alarm! It seems to be internal (thus turning my speakers off doesn't help). I can't find anything about this siren in my computer help. I'm hoping someone here knows. Please help, cause this siren is driving my nuts!!!

check in bios... there should be a setting for system beep or speaker or something, i can't remember how exactly it is worded... also, if it's a voltage issue, get a new Power supply now! before you get seriouse problems...
but poke around in bios a bit, if it's there you'll know it when you see it.
also if it is an error beep, i doubt disabling the speaker (in the case) in bios will stop it. it is there to let you know something is wrong... fix what's wrong and it will go away.
good luck

With my computer it indicates that the CPU fan isn't working but it is.It is a known problem with MSI motherboards.Not that thats your problem But there right about the bios. and It is probably in your PC Health section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom