Intergrated video card Problems - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2004, 03:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Monster Techie

repair it or get another mobo.

Thermaltake Armor A90
Corsair HX1000W PS
i7 2600k / Cooler Master Hyper N 520
Asus P8Z68-V Pro / Gen 3
8 GIG Corsair Vengeance
eVGA GTX 570
SB Audigy2 Platinum
Kingston Hyper X120 SSD
WIN 7 - 64b
LG Blue Ray Super Multi Burrner
Logitech THX Z560
3x120mm - 1x200 mm case fans
Old 07-14-2004, 10:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Directions for BIOS config.

Okay, gruntwerk i ran thru the BIOS settings and wrote down the directions and here they are:

First off when you boot up your computer immedietly press F2 for about 10 seconds to make sure you're in the BIOS settings.
Once you in the BIOS the tab "main" will be highlighted
Press the right arrow 1 to highlight the "Advanced" tab
Without pressing enter key "reset configuration data" will already be highlighted. Press the down arrow 2 to highlight "Peripheral Configuration" Press enter to access. "USB Controller" will already be highlighted. Now this is the tricky part. My Computer has Audio, Network Adapter, and Video all intrgrated (now it has a pci card but i configured the settings with the monitor. LOL.) "Legacy USB Support" is under "USB controller" so press down 1. Below that mine says "Intregrated audio" then "intregrated Network adapter" then "Primary Video Adapter" and "Primary Video Adapter" is the one you want. That is a total of pressing down 4 times. I'm not not sure about your comps componets, (it may vary according to how many of those componets you have but i don't really know) but it should be somewhat the same. (You may have to try a couple times before you get it) So after "Primary Video Adapter" is highlighted press enter to access it. There should be two choices: Intregrated and PCI. It should be on intregrated so Press up 1 to select PCI. Now to save it. Press enter to accept PCI and press Esc. to exit the "Peripheral Configuration" and you should be back at the main screen with the "advanced" tab highlighted. Press right 4 times to highlight the exit tab. "Exit Saving Changes" is automaticly highlighted so press enter dialog box appears that says "SAVE to CMOS and EXIT (Y/N)?" and the default: Y is already blinking press enter to accept and your computer should restart and this time (if your monitor is plugged into the PCI port you should see everything on your monitor!
And that's it. If this doesn't help please reply and i'll do waht i can to help.

Old 07-14-2004, 02:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

wow, that's a lot of typing. lol.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Originally posted by compy
wow, that's a lot of typing. lol.
dude, do you just make useless comments for no reason?

no offense

<SMALL><font color=\"blue\">Desktop
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Winchester @ 2000MHz
MSI K8N Neo4 nForce4 Ultra
ThermalTake Tsunami Dream Black w/ Side Window
Antec Neopower 480W
Maxtor 250GB SATA + Seagate 200GB SATA
Patriot 2GB (2x1024) PC3200
Dell 2005FPw 20.1\" Widescreen LCD
ATi Radeon x800XT
Closed Thread